Thursday, June 15, 2023

In a Tight Spot


Consort was inspired today to do some work inside one of the bins in our fifth wheel.  I went outside with him to help clean out the bin so he could crawl into it, remove side panels, and access the work to be done.  After everything was cleared, I went back inside leaving consort to work.  I told him to yell for me if he needed any help.

About five minutes later, I heard consort talking to someone outside (or so I thought).  Being a curious Kat, I went outside to see what was going on.  I did not see consort anywhere, nor were there any neighbors in the yard.  I called out to consort and he answered, but from where?

I decided consort must be on the back side of the trailer talking to our back-door neighbor.  As I went down the stairs and turned toward the back of the trailer, I heard consort's voice again.  His voice seemed nearby, but I was still puzzled as to his whereabouts.  He was nowhere to be seen.

Once again I started my walk around the trailer when I heard consort yell out.  The sound was muffled.  That's when I noticed the bin doors were closed tight.  I walked over to the trailer and opened one of the bin doors.  There he was, trapped inside.  The wind had blown the door shut.












I could not stop myself from laughing when I found my sweet husband trapped in such an unlikely spot.  Consort, ever the good sport, laughed along with me.  But later he made the comment that being accidentally stuck in a narrow space is  only hilarious if you're not the one jammed in a tight spot.  Of course he's right, but I have learned to appreciate the little things in life that make me laugh.  This fills the bill.

On the stereo:  There's no way out of here ~David Gilmour

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m still laughing too!! Poor consort! Bless his heart!!