Saturday, May 2, 2020

Questions answered

I've had a lot of questions lately asking how to be notified of new blog postings.  Currently, consort is kind enough to announce new blogs on his Facebook page.  (I don't have a Facebook page, nor do I have any other social media, but that’s a different story for another day.)

Today I will put forth my best effort at step-by-step instructions on how to have new blogs delivered directly to your email inbox.  

 






If you're accessing this blog on any type of mobile device, scroll to the bottom of the initially loaded page.  At the bottom of the page below the "home" button, you'll see an option:  View web version.  Click on the words "view web version" and your mobile device will redirect you to the web version of this blog.










In the upper righthand corner of the web version are two options:  Follow and follow by email.  I'm not exactly sure how the "follow" button works, you're on your own there, I'm hardly capable of posting a blog.  And the way the pictures keep moving around once the blog is published continues to baffle me.






Below the "follow" button are the words "follow by email."  If you click the white email box, you'll be prompted to type in your email address.  Once you've correctly typed in your email address, click on submit.  If I've accurately written the instructions, you should now receive notification of any new blogs posted here on Permanent SAG.  If you don't receive any new blogs via email, I encourage you to continue to follow consort on Facebook.








Another question I often get is why the blog is called Permanent SAG.  The following is a previous post that will answer that question.

Why is my blog called Permanent SAG?  Although permanent sag could arguably be used to describe my physical attributes, that was not why the name was chosen.  Years ago, consort and I were avid cyclists.  In fact, we were obsessed.  There were many weeks we pedaled close to 200 miles.  We also did organized rides.  At every ride there is a SAG wagon.  S-A-G is an acronym that stands for Support and Gear (I always thought it meant Support and Guidance, but whatever).  If you need your flat tire fixed, the SAG wagon is there to lend a hand.  If you lose your way, they guide you back to the route.  If you need water or a protein bar, you can count on the SAG wagon.  This seemed a fitting title for one who now rides in the passenger's seat holding the GPS as we make our down the road.  While I don't know much about fixing flats, I do pack great snacks.