Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Night Auction







LOVE the ugly vase in front of the auctioneer!
Most Friday nights, consort and I go with our friends to a local auction in Mountain City, which is the closest town to our campsite.

Our friends are usually on the lookout for things they can use at the campground.  Everything from socks and food items to beautiful antiques and vintage porcelain road signs are sold here.

Consort and I don't typically buy anything.  I mean, let's face facts.  Where would we put it? 

Last week, however, we did buy two gallons of Dawn dishwashing detergent.  We use Dawn for actual dishwashing in the kitchen; we use it to wash the roof and exterior of the fifth wheel; and we pour it down the toilet and drains to keep the tanks clean.  It is most versatile.  

I also bought a 12-pack of political ankle socks last week.  I blame Watauga Winery for that small indiscretion. 

We didn't walk away with any purchases this evening, though I did have my eye on a few things.  We were at the auction for about two hours, and the three items I really wanted did not come up for bid during that time.  We could have stayed, but the bidding was competitive and I had a feeling I would easily be outbid.  C'est la vie.  I have the pictures, they will bring me joy ad infinitum.  And on the plus side, I'll never have to clean anything!


Sold for $45

Sold for $50

Scotty dog lamp shade.  Left before it sold.

Gorgeous wooden box painted with local scenery
Left before it sold.




Carnival glass swan.  Need it to go with M's chicken!


And paragliders skittering though the air between mountains on our way home from the auction.

1 comment:

Jacqalin said...

i like those clocks!!