Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Last day in Apache Junction

The pictures do not lie, but neither do they tell the whole story.  They are merely a record of time passing, the outward evidence.  ~Paul Auster

Our last day with brother and sister-in-law in Mesa.
We stopped at the fire department to check out nephew's engine.

The truck needed to be taken "out of service" for a quarter hour,
so nephew agreed to take us for a ride.

Headphones and seatbelts required.
No lights or siren.

It was really pretty cool.


I found this lamp at the local Goodwill store.  I fell completely in love with it.  It is not practical as the lamp is made of glass bowls and saucers.  Notice the palm trees?  My indulgent sister-in-law went back to the Goodwill unbeknownst to me and procured the lamp for me.  We paired it with a lampshade we picked up earlier while shopping at IKEA.


Night falling on our final night in Phoenix.



Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.
~  Nathaniel Hawthorne

No comments: