Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Today's view from the kitchen table.


Porter Peach Barn.

My first job of any length as a court reporter was at Muskogee County Courthouse.  I worked as an official for six weeks writing and transcribing preliminary hearings.  It was a good first job. 

Each day I had a 35 mile commute from my home to the courthouse.  Every day for six weeks I had to wait for a stoplight at the intersection of the Porter Peach Barn and Hwy 69 -- interestingly enough, I   NEVER   noticed there was an RV park across the street from the Peach Barn, but I digress.

Every day for six weeks I promised myself in the morning I would stop at the Peach Barn that evening.  Each evening I was too rushed to stop and put it off to another day.  Fast forward a few decades and here I am this morning, living across the street from the Porter Peach Barn.

I have been shopping and found the most delicious peaches and vegetables, jam, salsa, BBQ sauce.  Consort and I have been eating cobblers and pies, at least I think he's gotten some of each.  The GSx3 (three grandsons) are spending the upcoming weekend with us.  Plan to take them out to lunch.  Where else could we possibly go but the grill at the Porter Peach Barn?

It pleases me.

No comments: