Monday, February 24, 2020

Happy Margarita Day!


Did you know today is National Margarita Day?  Every February 22nd, people all across our great nation come together to pay homage to our favorite cocktail, the margarita.  The margarita -- triple sec, tequila, and lime juice -- was created in 1938 in Mexico and is widely considered the official drink of having fun.  

 For quite a few years, my mother
and D have hosted a margarita party at their home here in Brownsville.  We were lucky enough to be here and experience the party for ourselves this year.  The weather was sunny and warm, perfect for an outside party.  No one did an official head count, but I would estimate there were around 60 people present.  This year D took the party to a whole new level when he hired a band, Two Bad Apples, to entertain us.  All the attendees brought snacks, and Mom and D provided the margaritas.  I believe I speak for everyone when I say we had a tremendously good time.  Consort and I are already making plans to be back for next year's party!



No comments: