Monday, February 24, 2020

Nuevo Progreso, Tamaulipas, Mexico






Since being here in Brownsville, we have taken several trips to Nuevo Progreso, a border town in the state of Tamaulipas.  There is usually a group of about a  dozen or so from the 4 Seasons RV park who go together.  We shop and have lunch; some people get massages and manicures.  But the most common reason for crossing the border into Mexico is to purchase medication.  The prices for medicine, the exact same medicines sold in the US, are a fraction of the price they are sold for in the US.  Why is this?  Even the medications I give my dogs are sold at a reduced price.


 We will be leaving Brownsville at the end of this month and decided it was time to stock up on pet meds.  Here in the United States, the meds I needed for the three mangy mongrels would cost around $600, plus the cost of the visit to the vet.  In Mexico, I purchased those very same meds for $200.  I wish our politicians on both sides of the aisle would come up with a solution to our overpriced prescription medications and the widespread lack of insurance prevalent among US citizens.  And that's all I have to say about that.




On a happier note, I love this sign.  It is posted in the duty-free liquor store.









1 comment:

Jacqalin said...

https://www.charrodaysfiesta.com/history.html